Touted as being ‘one of the most exclusive destinations in Namibia,’ the 30 000ha Ongava Game Reserve holds true to this statement and strives endlessly, through fierce conservation efforts, to do good by this beautiful wilderness it occupies. One of the largest private game reserves in Namibia, it offers guests the chance to have up-close wildlife encounters.
Ongava is one of the few reserves in southern Africa where visitors will have the chance to see both Black and White Rhino as well as the opportunity to track White Rhino on foot with an experienced guide. The reserve also offers bird watching, 4x4 guided game drives and guided game walks. With plenty of waterholes on site, the wildlife activity is endless, so be sure to have your camera equipment on standby!
On the south-western border of Etosha National Park, this private reserve has 3 accommodation options ranging from the intimate and private rock and thatch chalets of Little Ongava, the luxurious yet somewhat authentic Meru-style Tented Camp and the reserve’s flagship: Ongava Lodge. All offer comfort and luxury whilst blending seamlessly with the environment they are set in.
- One of the largest private game reserves in Namibia at 32 375ha
- Close proximity to Etosha National Park for self-drive game viewing
- Opportunity to see both Black and White Rhino and even get to track White Rhino with an armed guide on foot
- 3 different accommodation options varying in style but with impeccable luxury and service
- Strong conservation ethics with research projects in place
- Game drives are permitted off-road giving visitors up close encounters with wildlife