On the banks of the Okavango River in Namibia, just 2kms east of the Popa Falls, Nunda River Lodge is a central destination from which to explore the region before travelling on to the Delta, Caprivi, Zambia or Victoria Falls.
Activities on offer include guided game drives, boat cruises, traditional canoe trips down the Okavango River and angling expeditions to catch the legendary tiger fish. All showcase the incredible wildlife, birdlife and traditional aspects of the region.
7 Luxury Tents and 8 Thatched Bungalows are set among indigenous trees with covered decks overlooking the river. The Meru style tents and bungalows are built on wooden decks with en suite bathrooms, mosquito nets and fans. There are also 4 Thatched Chalets and a camping site offering additional accommodation space. The main lapa complex consists of a restaurant serving fine Namibian cuisine, complemented by an excellent selection of wines from the cellar, as well as a bar, curio shop and expansive wooden deck where guests can watch the busy antics of hippos and birds. A large swimming pool is a welcome reprieve from the heat of the day.
- Position on the Okavango River near Popa Falls is gateway to other destinations further afield but always worth the stop
- Offers a choice of accommodation options from luxury tents to camping
- Land and water based safari activities and fishing in the area
- Facilities and food on site of a high standard
- Guided nature walks and cultural walks through traditional villages