Evoking the calm, plantation-like lifestyle of bygone eras, Batonka Guest Lodge not only promises affordable and comfortable accommodation but one that is a mere 2.2km from the entrance to Victoria Falls Zimbabwe and its rainforest. The charming town centre, named after the natural wonder found nearby, is also only 1km away.
One of the benefits of seeing Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwean side is that it has the most viewpoints due to approximately three-quarters of the Falls being found there. Water flow can also still be seen in the dry season. There’s plenty more to see and do in the area from micro flights and Zambezi cruises to whitewater rafting and horseriding.
11 of Batonka’s Rooms have full bathrooms while 11 have showers only but all 22 overlook the garden and have a balcony. The rooms also have WiFi, TV, universal chargers, a tea/coffee station, daily housekeeping, and can be furnished with twin or double beds. Guests can make use of the lodge’s restaurant, serving meals three times a day, along with their bar, lounge, and swimming pool.
- Environmentally-friendly lodge offering personalised service a stone’s throw from Vic Falls
- Superb option for families, groups and business travellers
- Victoria Falls airport is only 18km away and connects to South Africa and Namibia
- Activities include tours of the Falls, canoeing, horse riding, white water rafting, and more
- The lodge’s restaurant serves full English Breakfasts and wholesome lunches and dinners