Plumes of mist float upward in the rainy season, dousing tourists in light spray. The dry season allows daredevils to take a dip in the Devil’s Pool that sits on the brink of Victoria Falls’ drop. Whatever time you visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and its surrounding attractions, Lokuthula Lodges is undoubtedly a superb base located a mere 4km from the Falls.
While it may not be the highest or widest waterfall in the world, Victoria Falls is classified as having the largest sheet of falling water. Apart from marvelling at this feat of nature guests can also enjoy a cruise along the Zambezi River, or take to a safari vehicle to spot elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion, and the myriad of other wildlife found here.
Guests can choose from Lokuthula’s 2-3 bedrooms lodges, catering for a maximum of 8 guests at a time. Decorated with a charmingly African flair, the lodges boast 1-2 bathrooms, a spacious lounge and terrace, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a BBQ area. All visitors have access to the on-site Boma restaurant and a magnificent 3-tier pool, children’s playground, volleyball court, and paddling pool.
- Only 4km from Victoria Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Onsite amenities include same-day laundry service, a 3-tier swimming pool, playground, paddling pool, trampoline, volleyball court, restaurant, lounge, and bar
- Complimentary shuttle runs between the nearby villages, markets, and Victoria Falls
- Accommodation is fully-equipped and serviced
- The surrounding gardens are known to hide passing warthog, bushbuck, and a plethora of birds