Celebrating safari tradition of old, Somalisa Camp is found in Zimbabwe’s largest reserve: Hwange National Park. Here, travellers can conveniently couple an African wildlife-viewing experience with a visit to the iconic Victoria Falls as the camp is located on the country’s main road between the falls and Bulawayo.
Found along the line of the Kennedy Vlei, this part of the park attracts large herds of elephant, kudu, sable, and giraffe, to name a few. Buffalo and rhino are also known to frequent the area, while the resident predators include lion, leopard, and hyena. After the first downpour of annual rains, the vlei blooms to life, showcasing a myriad of wildflowers drawn from Mother Nature’s exceptional palette.
Somalisa Camp is perched on an acacia island overlooking a seasonal floodplain. The 6 tastefully-furnished canvas tents boast en suite bathrooms, outdoor showers, and solar lighting. Guests can enjoy guided walks through the bush, game drives, bird watching, and evening spot-lighting from the camp’s expansive deck where elephants are known to come within touching distance.
- Hwange National Park is the largest in Zimbabwe
- The camp overlooks a seasonal floodplain often scattered with game
- With only 6 tents on the property, guests are sure to have an intimate safari experience
- Activities include guided walks, game drives, and game-viewing from hides
- Ideally located between Bulawayo and Victoria Falls, making Somalisa Camp an easy add-on to an itinerary