In the middle of a teak forest within the Hwange National Park, lies Little Makalolo Camp. Travellers in search of intimate seclusion will find sanctuary in the camp’s 6 traditionally-styled tents, with the added benefit of exclusive game-viewing on a private concession.
Little Makalolo’s waterhole sees a procession of wildlife making their way down daily to satisfy their thirst. Herds of sable, impala, and reedbuck gather to drink in unison, followed closely by their predators. Early-morning game drives catch the animals as they get ready for the day, while night drives reveal lesser bushbaby, spotted hyena, and honey badger. Sleep beneath the stars on a raised wooden platform and experience the remoteness of the Madison Pan.
The spacious, timber-framed Family Tents and Standard Tents feature en-suite bathrooms complete with indoor and outdoor showers with solar-powered hot water and double doors that open on to a private verandah. Teak walkways lead to the centre of the camp, where a huge false mopane tree shades the dining and living areas. The swimming pool is ideal for when the African sun is high in the midday sky.
- With only 6 tents on offer, expect seclusion and intimacy
- Exclusive game-viewing on a private concession within the Hwange National Park
- Active waterhole with a log-hide to view animals up close
- Night drives reveal seldom-seen animals such as the bushbaby
- Eco-friendly with solar-powered hot water