Visitors to Davison’s Camp, a classic tented camp secreted away in a grove of African rosewoods, will find themselves overlooking an open plain in the Linkwasha Concession within Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park. Covering a vast 14,600km² expanse, Hwange offers diverse scenery and abundant game viewing prospects while Davison’s invites you to one of its most wildlife-rich areas.
Famous for its vast herds of elephant and buffalo, high concentrations of giraffe and a healthy lion population, Hwange has over 100 mammal species for guests to uncover. This number includes all of Zimbabwe’s protected animals. Even on a quiet day the 400 bird species dotting the skies and scrub should ensure there is always something to see.
Safari activities include morning and evening game drives in open 4x4 vehicles and guided walks. In between guests can keep an eye on the popular waterhole visible from camp. 8 Tents and one Family Unit make up the comfortable accommodation complete with private verandahs. In the main area, a lounge and dining area lead onto a large pine deck and a convivial open campfire while a swimming pool is also on offer.
- Located in the wildlife-rich Linkwasha Concession in Hwange National Park
- Classic African tented camp including a family unit
- Camp overlooks a waterhole particularly popular in the drier winter months
- Morning and evening game drives, bush walks, and community visits available
- Swimming pool among camp facilities