Driven by a love for the African landscape at its most natural, a safari at Camp Hwange will unite travellers with nature thanks to its seamlessly blended architecture, stringent green footprint policy, and proximity to perennial water sources. Located in a private concession in Hwange National Park, the camp is conveniently located a mere 3hr drive from Victoria Falls.
Nearby water sources such as Mandavu and Masuna attract elephant families and herds of giraffe; while the park’s resident lion prides can be seen padding silently across golden savannah in the wake of possible prey. Nearby rocky outcrops are favoured by leopard and the sprightly klipspringer, while Hwange at large is thought to have one of the greatest African wild dog populations in Africa.
Thanks to wrap-around windows, guests can observe passing game from the comfort of their chalet, relax at the restaurant and lounge, or enjoy a nightcap around the campfire set against the backdrop of a waterhole and tree-dotted savannah. Enjoy the best of both worlds with vehicle and walking safaris and get in touch with the more easily-overlooked inhabitants of this vast tract of African landscape.
- Combines safaris by foot and vehicle
- Observation hide at the Masuna waterhole is the perfect spot from which to view elephant and buffalo
- Nocturnal predators include jackal, endangered wild dog, honey badger, and hyena
- Transfer between Hwange and Victoria Falls is available by road or air
- Simplistic yet stylish chalets with expansive waterhole views and en suite bathrooms