Within a wilderness forest – with the Victoria Falls’ thundering water-curtain a constant echo – lie the earth-coloured structures of Avani Victoria Falls Resort. Mosaic patterns snake the walls, reflecting the African village influence, while traditional lapas dot the pool area. Here guests can experience the welcoming soul of Africa.
The hotel is located on the eastern cataract of the imposing Victoria Falls, making it the ultimate base from which to explore the Falls and the surrounding area. The ever-flowing waters of the Zambezi River are laden with activities to satisfy adrenaline junkies and leisure seekers alike – from white water rafting and riverboarding, to canoe safaris and river cruises. Its banks are brimming with wildlife, as herds of buffalo gather to drink and an abundance of bird species frequent the trees.
The 212 en-suite rooms are open and airy, spilling outwards into the natural African bush or facing inwards on to the clear pool. The private balconies are ideal for soaking up the early-morning sun, while late-afternoon shade sets the scene for a sundowner. Nibble on an al fresco dinner or dig into a buffet meal in the dining area.
- Located on the eastern cataract of the imposing Victoria Falls
- Ultimate base from which to explore the Falls and the surrounding area
- Zambezi River offers activities to satisfy the adrenaline junkie and leisure seeker alike
- The river’s banks are brimming with wildlife
- The 212 en-suite rooms are open and airy, spilling outwards into the natural African bush or facing inwards on to the clear pool