Flanked by the Luangwa River and a complex lagoon system, Tena Tena Lodge calls the 900,000ha South Luangwa National Park home. Guests can enjoy private views of the river from the comfort of their tent, or venture out on walking and vehicle safaris in search of buffalo, leopard, lion, and the park’s other inhabitants.
South Luangwa National Park is undoubtedly one of Zambia’s most prolific wildlife destinations. Elephant and lion roam the landscape in large numbers while 450 different species of birds flit from baobab to mopane tree. The Nsefu Sector is a particularly game-rich region thanks to the vital watercourses that intersect it.
Tena Tena Lodge’s 6 Tents embrace their surroundings with open-air en-suite bathrooms and viewing decks overlooking the river. To ensure maximum privacy, the tents are well-spaced apart making this an attractive option for couples and those who just want to enjoy the landscape. The main lodge overlaps a hippo run and is moulded around an ancient termite mound. Enjoy al fresco dining on the riverbank in the evening and spend your days exploring all the area has to offer.
- The lodge only caters for a maximum of 12 guests, ensuring an entirely optimised safari experience
- Each private Tent boasts superb views of the Luangwa River
- Truly encapsulates its name, ‘temporary home’
- Activities include game drives, walking safaris, village tours, and visits to a wildlife education centre
- Guests can purchase tribal textiles to take home with them as a souvenir