Resting on the banks of the Luangwa River, whose opposite side makes up part of the South Luangwa National Park, Nkwali Safari Camp offers private game-viewing on its land as well as direct access to the park by boat or pontoon. Rustic luxury is a surety at this small and intimate camp in the Luangwa Valley.
Stretching across over 900,000ha of land, the South Luangwa National Park is a remote and vast landscape of woodland, grassland, and the winding tributaries and waterways of the Luangwa River. Most wildlife viewing is centred around the river, and visitors can expect to spot some of the parks 450 bird species and array of mammal species including giraffe and hippo.
Nkwali Safari Camp’s 6 Chalets open onto magnificent waterfront views and boast open-air en-suite bathrooms. The main camp is dominated by an ancient ebony tree and sightings of passing elephant herds from the dining room and swimming pool are a regular occurrence. Activities at Nkwali include game drives, walking safaris, seasonal boating, village tours, and visits to a wildlife education centre.
- Game viewing possible on the camp’s private land and in the park
- Activities range from vehicle, walking, and boating safaris to village tours and visits to a wildlife education centre
- South Luangwa National Park is known as the home of the walking safari
- The park can be reached after a swift 1h30 flight from Lusaka
- Elephant herds pass by the camp’s pool and bar