Baines’ River Camp invites visitors to experience Zambia’s natural treasures and hospitality at their luxurious and intimate safari lodge on the northern banks of the Zambezi River in the Lower Zambezi Valley.
The Zambezi’s luscious shores allow a multitude of wildlife to flourish from its nourishment and are famed for land and water safaris. The camp offers open game-drive safaris, motorised aluminium boats for river-cruise sightseeing, canoes for river safaris, and a chance for anglers to try their luck at catching the elusive tigerfish.
8 Explorer Suites come with impeccable views over the Zambezi, either King or Twin beds and en-suite bathrooms complete with walk-in shower and dressing area, with two suites featuring an additional outdoor shower. Air-conditioning, a ceiling fan, cotton percale linen, pure down pillows and duvets, complimentary mini-bar and other amenities are featured amid classical fabrics, natural hardwood timbers and leather. Enjoy a spa treatment or library book from these comfortable confines. Meal times and preparation are tailored to your activities and preferences from picnics and snacks for early morning excursions to dinner served on the verandah with fellow patrons or separately on your private deck.
- On the northern banks of the Zambezi River, opposite Mana Pools World Heritage Site
- Colonial style lodge with only 8 suites and 1 two-bedroomed family cottage keeping the experience an exclusive one
- All suites have views over the Zambezi River
- Land and water based activities available
- Remote wildlife and birdlife rich area so game viewing is phenomenal