Located on a forested island on a private concession in the upper reaches of the Okavango Delta, Little Vumbura Camp offers guests an intimate stay well off the beaten track. The tented camp is surrounded by deep permanent channels and seasonal shallow floodplains which merge with drier areas of open plains and riverine forests – creating a lush environment for wildlife to flock to.
Bordering the Moremi Game Reserve, the area is a favourite among sable antelope and buffalo, as well as predatory cats such as leopard and lion. Explore the open woodlands and floodplains in an open 4x4 vehicle keeping an eye out for the rare African wild dog. Mokoro excursions bring you face-to-face with hippo, crocodile and some of the lesser seen critters inhabiting the waters.
The en-suite Family Tent and 5 en-suite Standard Tents all have an adjoining lounge with comfortable armchairs and a deck with incredible vistas. The pale timber floorboards, circus-top-style canvas roof and floor-to-ceiling mesh windows create an air of light and space. Raised wooden walkways connect the tents with the central area, which comprises a bar, dining room and pool area.
- Intimate lodge well off the beaten track on a forested island
- The lodge’s focus is on water-based activities such as mokoro excursions
- Renowned for its sable antelope and buffalo, as well as predators such as leopard, lion and the rare African wild dog
- Day game drives over the woodlands and floodplains
- 6 en-suite Tents all have an adjoining lounge and a deck with incredible vistas