In the watery heart of the 60,000ha Jao Concession in the Okavango Delta, Kwetsani Camp’s elevated tree-house style tents peer out from their island between stands of mangosteen, palm and fig trees. From this remote base, guests can explore the many bright facets of the Jewel of the Kalahari and uncover its special inhabitants.
A combination of water-based mokoro and boat excursions and land-based day and night game drives (subject to water levels), will venture forth into this world of tantalising channels and reeds. Iconic species to look out for include red lechwe, sitatunga antelope and perhaps even the odd otter alongside elephants, hippos, crocodiles, various plains game and accompanying predators. Meanwhile, birders could add Pel’s fishing owl, wattled crane, and the African Skimmer to the list.
The camps 5 luxurious treehouse-style canvas wood and canvas Chalets comprise en suite facilities, lounge areas and decks within the leafy canopy. The elevated main area enjoys sweeping views and catches the breeze that comes twirling through the reeds—here visitors can find dining, lounge and bar areas. A plunge pool offers refreshment on warm afternoons.
- In the heart of the 60,000ha Jao Concession in the Okavango Delta
- Remote island location with tree-house style accommodation
- Day and night game drives, boating and mokoro trips available (water level dependent)
- Excellent for Delta Specials such as sitatunga and red lechwe while game drives have access to the wildlife-rich Hunda Island
- Facilities include a plunge pool