Located in a far-removed section of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Kalahari Plains Camp offers its guests an authentic safari-camp experience and fantastic game-viewing opportunities. Star-gazing is also big in these parts, so much so that each suite has a special upstairs platform, affording guests the opportunity to sleep out under the clear night sky.
This reserve is one of the biggest conservation areas in the world and is home to a sizeable cheetah population. You can spot these magnificent creatures on morning and afternoon game drives. Springbok, blue wildebeest and the elusive Kalahari dark-maned lion also call this area home.Over 200 species of birdlife have been recorded in the reserve, making it a worthwhile destination for avid bird-watchers.
8 Canvas Suites make up the accommodation at Kalahari Plains Camp, each featuring a private viewing deck and an upstairs sleep-out platform. The main camp area consists of a lounge and dining area, as well as a sizeable swimming pool and viewing deck. To ensure the most minimal impact on the environment, all electricity and water-heating is provided using solar power.
- One of the biggest conservation areas in the world and a showcase of the Kalahari Desert's flora and fauna
- Exciting game drives with opportunities to see cheetah, gemsbok, mongoose and more
- Fascinating ‘Bushman Walk’ activity, explaining the culture and history of the local Bushman clans
- Authentic tented accommodation with private viewing decks and star-gazing platforms
- Each Suite comes with an upstairs sleep-out platform