Mont Rochelle’s roots are inextricably linked to the very origins of Franschhoek, one of the oldest towns in South Africa. It began as a farm in the early 18th century, owned by one of the original Huguenots who ventured into the valley some 30 years before. With an eye for detail and a penchant for opulence, Richard Branson’s Winelands venture will have guests coming back for more.
Known for producing scintillating wines, guests will be spoiled for choice when vacationing in the valley. Spend a day on the Franschhoek Wine Tram which will take you past all of the finest wine estates in the area. Enjoy a spot of retail therapy in the village’s boutique stores, play a round of golf, or embark on a hike or horseback ride in these picturesque surroundings.
Guests at Mont Rochelle can stay in their Cabernet, Merlot, and Shiraz Rooms, or their Pinotage and Cap Classique Suites. The Cap Classique Suites boast a private terrace and private plunge pool. On-site luxuries include 2 restaurants, a bar, spa, gym, heated outdoor pool, and wine cellar.
- Stunning vineyard on a 300-year-old farm, once owned by one of Franschhoek’s founding fathers
- Franschhoek Wine Tram will take visitors to the village’s best-loved wine estates
- Luxurious accommodation options with 2 on-site restaurants, a bar, spa, gym, pool, and wine cellar
- Only 45 minutes from Cape Town
- Spend an afternoon in their hammam or enjoying a sumptuous picnic amid vineyards on the estate