In a remote corner of the Tarangire National Park, wrapped in seclusion among giant acacia trees at the edge of the Gurusi wetlands, sits Sanctuary Swala. Overlooking the extensive savannah lands, the camp offers guests a private safari hideaway with close-up wildlife encounters in a true slice of wild Africa.
Dry season marks the wildlife’s migration to the Tarangire River, which calls prey and predator alike to its life-sustaining waters. Watch kudu and oryx drink their fill while a tree-climbing lion lies in wait. Set out in a 4x4 vehicle for superb game-viewing or tackle the terrain on foot. Being home to around 550 species of bird, the park is a birdwatcher’s paradise.
The 12 Luxury Tented Rooms feature an open-plan arrangement with king or twin beds, lavish sofas, and an en-suite bathroom complete with both indoor and outdoor showers. A private veranda boasts views of the waterhole, frequented by lions, leopards, and the resident elephant herd. The thatched main area is situated in the shade of a baobab tree and contains the dining area, lounge, deck, and small library.
- In a remote corner of the Tarangire National Park
- Resident elephant herd wanders through the camp
- The Tarangire River calls wildlife to its life-sustaining waters
- Game drives and bushwalks are on offer
- The 12 luxurious Luxury Tented Rooms overlook a waterhole frequented by big cats such as lion and leopard