With the wildlife-strewn Kakumbi Dambo floodplain in South Luangwa National Park right on your doorstep and a low-impact design which blends into the natural surroundings, Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp is a chance to share an unobtrusive intimacy with the wild, especially with the rare and skittish puku antelope after which the camp is named.
Erected on a hillside, the camp is ideally positioned for photographic opportunities, with endless vistas across the floodplain to the horizon and wildlife wandering close to the camp. Day game drives offer frequent sightings of lion, elephant, and zebra, as well as the area’s resident leopard. Night game drives reveal the nocturnal inhabitants of the floodplains.
Only 7 oversized tents create an atmosphere of intimacy and seclusion. The focus of the camp is placed firmly on luxury with large picture windows, viewing decks, double beds, and lavish en-suite bathrooms in each tent. Gourmet meals are relished under chandeliers in the thatched central dining area, while downtime can be enjoyed with the sounds of nature on the shaded verandah overlooking a series of rock pools.
- Low-impact design offers guests a chance to share an unobtrusive intimacy with the wild
- Built on a hillside in South Luangwa National Park and overlooking a game-rich floodplain
- The floodplain is home to the elusive and rare puku antelope
- Only 7 oversized tents create an atmosphere of intimacy and seclusion
- A shaded verandah overlooking a series of rock pools is a perfect spot for relaxing