In vast expanses of emerald green, long-dead volcanoes, and a shifting landscape, the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest hides almost half of the world’s population of mountain gorilla. Not only is the forest a haven for them, but it can be for you too thanks to Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp. Visitors can explore this African eden while staying in the lap of luxury.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is a UNESCO World Heritage Site—and for good reason. Its main attraction may be its mountain gorillas, but it's also home to chimpanzees, colobus monkeys, over 120 mammal species, over 300 bird species, 220 butterflies, and a plethora of other endangered species.
Accommodation at Gorilla Forest Camp comes in the exclusive form of only 8 free-standing tents boasting two queen-sized beds, a bathtub looking into the forest, and a private viewing deck with a personal attendant. The main lodge consists of a bar and dining cottage where full breakfasts are served in the morning and 4-5 course dinners are enjoyed every evening. Added bonus: private dinners are available for couples in search of something special.
- The camp is so well located in the forest, that gorillas have been known to pass by
- A great base for travellers wanting to encounter gorillas
- Visitors can also enjoy community interaction with the local Batwa Pygmies
- Customised chairs & harnesses allow less able guests to also enjoy gorilla trekking
- The airstrip is little over an hour from the camp and services daily flights from Entebbe