So unique is Grootbos Forest Lodge that one might consider it a destination of its own. Hidden amid 1700 hectares of pristine fynbos (a type of vegetation indigenous to the Cape and surrounds) and on a private reserve overlooking Walker Bay, guests can spend days exploring without leaving the property.
Grootbos Nature Reserve houses more than 650 species of indigenous plants - huge stands of extravagant proteas paint the hillsides while fynbos bulbs rise from the ashes and burst into flower after fire. After you’ve had your fill of guided nature walks, birding, horse-riding and flower safaris, look to the coast for cave tours, shark cage diving and whale watching. End-off your day on the balcony watching the sun sink into the sea beyond the rolling greenery before savouring a 5-course dinner.
The 16 Luxury Suites are elegant and stylish, perfect for a romantic getaway. Design is contemporary and uncluttered with large glass windows allowing ample light to highlight the floral motifs. If you feel like splashing out, select a Luxury Pool Suite for a private plunge pool from which to admire the view.
- Many activities on the reserve included in the rate such as horse riding and flower safaris
- Nearby Gansbaai, arguably the best places for shark cage diving in South Africa
- Views over the reserve and Walker Bay from main areas and all Suites
- Devoted to sustainable tourism, pioneering many successful community projects
- Superb spa treatments in room or in a secluded grove