Ngala Safari Lodge is a gracious, colonial-style safari lodge set on the very edge of the Kruger National Park in the Timbavati Game Reserve. This lodge was the first private safari reserve to be incorporated in the world-famous Kruger National Park and has exclusive traversing rights over 19,485 square kilometres of game-rich wilderness. Renowned for its excellent accommodation, it also provides an unbeatable family safari experience.
There are twice-daily day drives, in the morning before breakfast and then again in the afternoon. The afternoon game drive continues into the early-evening with the use of powerful spotlights. The main thatched dining room, bar and lounges open on to the African bushveld, while the large swimming pool looks out over a busy waterhole where elephants are frequently sighted.
Among shady trees, 20 thatched en-suite Cottages are elegantly decorated and have all the comforts of a five-star property, including a private veranda. The two-bedroomed Family Suite has its own swimming pool and dedicated vehicle and ranger. There’s a romantic ambience about this place created through nostalgic safari memorabilia. Delicious Pan-African cuisine is served in the candle and lantern-lit courtyard or in the dramatic boma.
- Part of the &Beyond Safari portfolio, upholding the standards and service of this iconic brand
- Pride themselves on offering an unbeatable family safari experience with accommodation and activities that are child-orientated and friendly
- Exceptional dining venues and cuisine
- Swimming pool with views over the waterhole that frequently attracts wildlife
- A classic, colonial, safari-style lodge with the quaint traditions of a bygone era