Fine, white plumes of spray can be seen from the Stanley Safari Lodge, located high on a hill and with magnificent views of the Zambezi River and faint hints of the immense might of Victoria Falls. This year-round destination borders the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park whose name is evocative of its force—‘the smoke that thunders’.
Victoria Falls is categorised as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World thanks to the sheer 100m drop into which the Zambezi tumbles. The renowned explorer, David Livingstone, was the first European to come across the falls in the mid-19th century and there are many historically significant museums and sights to see in the area that are dedicated to him and his adventures.
Stanley Safari Lodge’s 4 Suites and 6 Cottages are all uniquely and individually designed. The Cottages have a superb viewing deck while the Suites have a deck, private plunge pool, and lounge area. The Honeymoon and Family Suites open up to magnificent views of the Zambian landscape. The manicured gardens of the main lodge and its glistening pool are perfect venues from which to watch the sun set on a magical day in Africa.
- Only 3km from Victoria Falls and Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- The falls is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World
- Magnificent views of the park and Victoria Falls’ spray in the distance
- Activities include game drives, elephant rides, guided tours to the falls, a visit to Mukuni Village, boating, rafting, and canoeing
- Conveniently close to most tourist attractions in the area