Zambia's first Relais & Châteaux property, Royal Chundu Island Lodge, truly showcases the best the area has to offer.
Island Lodge is the more exclusive of the two lodges at Royal Chundu and is set on the private island of Katombora on the Zambezi River. Island Lodge has only 4 remote Villas, set between the baobabs and 2000-year-old Jackalberry trees. Each villa has an open-air bath, a glass walled double shower, king-size extra-length bed, and large private deck - it just doesn’t get more romantic than this!
At the dining room in the main lodge, a combination of traditional and international cuisine can be savoured. Expect dishes that echo the rich heritage of the region and the hospitality of the Zambian people. Most of the faire is sourced locally or grown organically on-site, and Royal Chundu has a tremendous sense of sustainability and community upliftment. The lodge has fully-serviced bar facilities, two lounges, an infinity pool, and intimate boma area. Go bird-watching, fishing, canoeing, or take a sunset boat cruise along the meandering river. Soak up and savour the spirit of Africa on an island walk or picnic.
- Voted Zambia's Leading Safari Lodge at the World Travel Awards 2013
- First Relais & Châteaux property in Zambia, maintaining high standards of the brand
- Unique, luxury-style island lodge in the Zambezi River
- Excellent cuisine, expertly prepared and beautifully presented using sustainable practices, and creating community upliftment
- Fully inclusive packages have many activity inclusions, making it a particular worthwhile option