Located in the Ankole ranchlands on the edge of Lake Mburo National Park, the eco-friendly Rwakobo Rock offers tranquillity and activity. Aside from stunning views of the vast green terrain and distant mountains, the hotel is frequented by bushbuck, zebra, impala, and warthog. Look out for them at the waterhole beneath the dining area.
Guided game drives and walking safaris around Lake Mburo National Park are available as well as night drives where porcupines, hyena, and leopard can sometimes be spotted after dark. Guests can also go on boat trips on Lake Mburo, visit the local bahima people, and go on game viewing excursions by bicycle. Don’t forget to watch out for birds as many interesting species are found in the area.
Thatched en-suite Cottages are on offer, scattered all over the hill and taking advantage of secluded and beautiful areas. Hornbill House has 5 en-suite rooms, each with a private verandah, while Safari Tents are also available. Enjoy meals with a mixture of Ugandan and western flavours at the restaurant looking over Mburo National Park and watch the sun go down in a hammock with drink in hand.
- On the edge of Lake Mburo National Park
- The hotel is dedicated to preserving the Lake Mburo ecosystem
- Guests can relax and enjoy safaris
- Driving, walking, boating, and biking safaris are available along with night drives
- Variety of accommodation available to suit all travellers
- Restaurant looks out onto a waterhole frequented by wildlife