You’ll find Primate Lodge Kibale in the heart of Kibale Forest National Park. The park is famous for its primates, boasting 13 different species and a population of over 1,000 wild chimpanzees. The lodge is located next to the starting point for chimp tracking expeditions and the chimp habituation experience.
Look for wild chimps and learn about the environment on a guided tracking trip or spend a day watching the chimps up-close thanks to certain habituated groups. Visits to surrounding tea estates and nocturnal walks are available as well as strolls through the forest, Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, Bigodi village, and Sebitoli forest — don’t forget to look out for birds!
7 refurbished en-suite Standard Cottages are one of the accommodation types available. The cottages are spaced around the lodge, giving guests privacy. Each one has either one queen-size bed or 2 twin-size beds, all with mosquito nets, as well as glass windows and doors, and a private verandah looking out onto the rainforest. Spend evenings enjoying dinners in the dining room followed by chats at the campfire or order room service to your secluded cottage.
- Located in the heart of Kibale National Park, home to 13 different primate species
- Chimp tracking expeditions and chimp habituation experiences available — the lodge is located right next to the starting point
- Surrounded by rainforest and tea estates
- Eat on the terrace or in the comfort of your cottage with room service
- Standard Cottages are en-suite, secluded, and offer beautiful views