Located in the Great Crater Lakes area, Papaya Lake Lodge has two of these unique water-filled craters right on its doorstep. The lodge is approximately 350km from Kampala and boasts magnificent views of the Rwenzori Mountains, surrounding valleys, and lush vegetation.
A few of Uganda’s most popular national parks are located within easy driving distance of the lodge, including Kibale Forest National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Rwenzori Mountains National Park, and Semuliki National Park. Visitors can go chimp tracking at Kibale or on a balloon safari in Queen Elizabeth. Alternatively, appreciate the beautiful lodge environment from the pool or visit the surrounding banana, coffee, tea, and vanilla plantations.
The lodge’s 9 en-suite Cottages are spread out between the trees on the extinct volcano crater’s slope, looking over the Lyantonde Lake. One of the cottages is a 2-floor, 3-bedroom villa and the other 8 each have a double and single bed. All are bright and airy with private verandahs, showing off the beautiful view. Enjoy delicious meals from the restaurant and Ugandan coffee at the bar before returning to your luxury cottage.
- In the Great Crater Lakes area — 2 lakes on the lodge’s doorstep
- Views of the Mountains of the Moon
- Relatively easy access to some of Uganda’s most popular parks
- Surrounded by tea, vanilla, banana, and coffee plantations
- Lodge owners are passionate about food
- The lodge has an eco-luxury, artisan style