Located in an evergreen forest, Kibale Forest Camp is just outside the southern part of Kibale Forest National Park, bordering the Magombe swamp and only 10 minutes away from where chimp tracking trips begin. Look out for beautiful birds and butterflies among Kibale’s famous primates.
Learn about chimpanzees and the rainforest environment on a chimp tracking walk or accompany Kibale’s research team on a habituation experience where you can spend a day observing these chimps. There is a forest walk on offer to occupy children while parents are chimp tracking. Guests can also go on walks and bird watching trips to Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, visit the Mahoma waterfall, the crater lakes, and the nearby tea estates, and go on night walks.
The camp has affordable and comfortable accommodation in the form of 7 tents and 10 en-suite safari tents. The tents have beds and a power outlet and have access to communal ablutions. The safari tents have either twin or double beds as well as a private verandah perfect for bird watching, reading or just relaxing. Enjoy delicious meals in the restaurant, including 4-course dinners.
- Affordable but comfortable accommodation near Kibale National Park
- Borders Magombe swamp that is home to the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary and is also 10 minutes away from the chimp tracking starting point
- Variety of activities on offer
- All tents have beds and access to ablutions
- Restaurant offers 2-course lunches and 4-course dinners as well as delicious breakfasts