The low roar of rushing water is a constant when staying at Wildwaters Lodge. Surrounded by Grade 5 rapids and located mid-stream along Uganda’s Nile on a 6-hectare island — this is sure to be a vacation with a difference. The lodge is also conveniently located only 30min from the adventure hub of Jinja and a scenic 1.5hr drive from the capital, Kampala.
Just beyond thundering rapids, water laps riverine forest running along the shoreline. This area is the very heart of the Wildwaters Reserve, home to some of the most legendary whitewater rafting on the Nile, along with wildlife such as river otters, giant monitor lizards, and an abundance of birdlife. Activities here revolve around the water — with rafting and kayaking proving the most popular — but daredevils will be pleased to know bungee jumping is also on offer.
Wildwaters is home to 10 timber-floor en suite rooms, each boasting a private deck, views of the river, free-standing baths, hand-made furniture, and elevated wooden walkways that link them to the restaurant and bar areas. The main lodge has a natural swimming pool and is located on a solid rock peninsula.
- The lodge is a centre-piece for a conservation initiative aimed at protecting this riverine environment and benefiting local communities
- Rafting, kayaking, family float, and bungee jumping are offered
- 9 Deluxe Suites & 1 Family Suite with rain showers, free-standing bathtubs, and private decks
- Lodge power is supplied by generator
- Transfers can be arranged from Entebbe, Jinja, and Kampala
- Surrounded by Grade 5 rapids