Uganda’s Haven Lodge is found near Jinja, a region best known for its plethora of adrenaline-pumping and daredevil-esque activities — not to mention its rich scenery. Overlooking the Nile river and a waterfall nearby, guests are perfectly situated with accommodation and activity options for friends, families, and adventurers alike!
Unsurprisingly, many activities centre around water. Enjoy boat cruises, kayaking, fishing, birding, and wildlife spotting along the river banks (with an eye out for hippos and crocodiles in particular). Guests can also embark on village tours, quad-biking and mountain-biking trails, horse riding, and bungee jumping.
Choose from the Haven’s Luxury Bungalows and Bandas, Family Bungalows (sleeping up to 6), a Honeymooner Suite (with privacy and endless views), and their campsite (with a ‘lazy camping’ option). There are barbeque facilities and an exclusive sanitary block for campers. A host of activities can be organised through the lodge and on-site entertainment facilities include a swimming pool, pool table, sandpit, table tennis table, and hiking trails to name a few. Other on-site amenities include a bar, restaurant, and Wi-Fi access.
- Found in the adventure capital of Uganda with plenty of activities on offer
- Relax at the lodge or stroll down for a dip in a crocodile and hippo-free part of the river
- Fish eagles, monitor lizards, otters, monkeys, and birds can be spotted here
- A swift 2hr drive from Kampala
- ‘Lazy Camping’ option with tents, mattresses, bedding towels, and soap provided