Located in Buhoma and 5 minutes from Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Silverback Lodge Marasa has beautiful views of the park as well as the surrounding green hills, valleys, and forests. The park is renowned for its large mountain gorilla population and gorilla tracking activities.
Of course, gorilla tracking is available. Being able to track and watch these amazing creatures is an unforgettable experience that is highly recommended for visitors. There are also various hiking and walking trails available to nearby waterfalls, the river, and the surrounding forest. Buhoma village visits, bird watching, community hospital visits, mountain biking, and Bwindi Batwa tours are also on offer.
12 Rooms are available at the lodge: 1 single, 4 doubles, and 7 twins. All rooms are en-suite and have private verandahs that look out over the valley. They were also all built using local materials. Return to the lodge after a day of gorilla tracking or exploring the surrounding environment and enjoy a cocktail on the verandah before heading to dinner at the restaurant.
- 5 minutes from Bwindi Impenetrable National Park — a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- On top of a valley overlooking the park
- Gorilla tracking is available
- Various hiking and walking trails nearby
- En-suite rooms with private verandahs looking over the valley
- Restaurant, bar, and barbeque