Sitting on the Nteko ridge, the eco-friendly Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge overlooks Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, the Kashasha river valley, and the Nkuringo forested hill. The camp has views of the Virunga volcano chain and the Albertine Rift Valley and also provides prime access to gorilla tracking.
Guests can observe Uganda’s famous mountain gorillas by tracking them in the national park and the lodge can even help guests organise the required permits. Other activities include Buniga and Bwindi forest walks and bird watching, guided village tours, a multi-day hike, Batwa pygmy visits, and the Nteko ridge community trail. The proceeds of this trail go back to community support projects.
4 en-suite Cottages, 6 en-suite Virunga Terrace rooms, and a Family Cottage that sleeps 5 are available. The smaller cottages and rooms have private terraces with beautiful views of the surrounding landscape and the family cottage looks out on to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. There is a restaurant where guests can enjoy fresh and wholesome meals. Dinners at Gorilla Lodge are decadent affairs and take the form 4-course meals.
- Beautiful views of surrounding attractions
- Prime access to gorilla tracking in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park — a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Lodge operates with a carbon neutral footprint and works to create sustainable community development
- Gorilla tracking available
- Great walks and bird watching
- On-site restaurant