Between Mgahinga, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, and Kisoro town, Mutanda Lake Resort is found on a private peninsula in Lake Mutanda with the Virunga Mountain Range as a backdrop. This prime location means that the resort is perfect for anyone who wants to experience Uganda’s most popular attractions.
The resort is situated in an area renowned for gorilla tracking. Guests are encouraged to partake in this amazing activity with the resort able to assist with transfers and permit organisation. Guests can also go on birding or sundowner boat trips, Mukozi village visits, a Lake Mulehe or Mutanda island trip, a Batwa trail, a hike in Sabinyo Gorge, a Mount Muhavura or Mount Sabinyo climb, or a golden monkey trekking experience in Mgahinga Forest National Park.
Guests can stay in one of 13 en-suite Cottages that come in single, double/twin, and triple room configurations. Each cottage is perched on a wooden platform and has a private verandah with uninterrupted views of Lake Mutanda. Enjoy delicious meals from the resort’s restaurant and sundowners on the main verandah while otters visit the shore.
- Located on a private peninsula in Lake Mutanda resulting in sweeping views of the lake and distant Virunga Mountain Range
- Close to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where gorilla trekking is offered
- Other activities include hiking, village tours, water activities, and golden monkey trekking
- Cottages are en-suite with private verandahs with lake views
- Lodge can assist guests with the gorilla tracking admin