Once a grand old building that served as the American Consulate, the Arabian-style Tembo House Hotel features windows splashed with colourful stained glass and an array of antique furniture from all over the world. Its prime beachfront location in Stone Town, along with its large pool and relaxed atmosphere make it an ideal place for families with kids of all ages to soak up the sun.
Tembo House Hotel’s location isolates it from the labyrinth of alleyways that spider through Stone Town, making it very easy to find and also an ideal base from which to explore the historical attractions scattered around town. Discover the nearby House of Wonders, an extravagant palace that is now home to a museum exploring the history and culture of Zanzibar and the Swahili Coast.
The unique Swahili bedframe and array of antique furniture in the hotel’s 37 en suite rooms creates a distinctive atmosphere, with some of the rooms boasting magnificent sea views. The hotel’s Bahari restaurant is a great place to grab a meal and has a variety of local and international dishes on offer.
- A large pool and relaxed atmosphere
- Prime beachfront location, within easy distance of Stone Town’s attractions
- The grand hotel is punctuated with stained glass windows and curved arches
- The suites boast Swahili beds and array of antique furniture from around the world
- Bahari restaurant has a variety of local and international dishes on offer