Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is home to the classic Maru Maru hotel, an establishment that has seamlessly combined traditional Zanzibari style with modern services and attention to detail. Located in the heart of this historically and artistically important part of Zanzibar City, the hotel is just a few vibrant steps away from a labyrinth of shops and colourful markets.
Set just behind the Old Fort and House of Wonders, the Maru Maru Hotel is an ideal position from which to explore the wonders of the city. Prepare to be enthralled by the unique mixture of Arab, Persian, Indian, and European influences that characterise the buildings lining Stone Town’s cobbled streets. Maru Maru’s 24-hour reception is on hand to arrange Stone Town cultural trips and dolphin-watching expeditions.
Stocked with furniture made by local producers, the hotel’s tranquil air-conditioned rooms boast views over the town or garden. The 11 Classic Wing rooms offer elegance while the 33 rooms of the modern wing are home to more contemporary comforts. The rooftop terrace is the ideal spot for a sundowner thanks to its 360-degree panoramic view of Stone Town.
- Located in the heart of Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Positioned within walking distance of all major tourist attractions
- 24-hour reception is on hand to organize Stone Town trips and dolphin-watching excursions
- Air-conditioned rooms stocked with furniture from local producers
- Rooftop terrace offering 360-degree views of the city