The very mention of Zanzibar’s name summons images of cerulean waters, palm frond littered shorelines, and the epitome of an island paradise. At Sea Cliff Resort & Spa on the island’s north-west coastline, visitors can enjoy a front-row beach lounger to the Indian Ocean while being only 18km from Stone Town—a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Zanzibar’s colourful history has lent to its distinctive allure today. At different points in its history, it was a British protectorate, home to an Arab sultanate, and a major trading point for its native African inhabitants and passing Portuguese sailors. Just off the coast of Tanzania, a visit to the island is a perfect addition to an itinerary including the Great Migration and a Serengeti safari.
Sea Cliff’s 80 Superior Rooms and 16 Deluxe Rooms all have views of the ocean while its 24 Garden Rooms overlook the garden. Onsite amenities include tennis courts, a squash court, bicycles, horse riding, a water sports centre, 2 swimming pools (and a children’s pool), a spa, 2 restaurants, and 3 bars. There is also a 9-hole golf course with an undercover driving range.
- Resort & spa 18 kilometres from Stone Town, surrounded by coconut plantations and overlooking the ocean
- On-site water sport and land sport activity centres including windsurfing, horse riding, tennis and beach volleyball
- Kids Club to keep the little ones entertained
- Nearby 9-hole golf course with PGA instructor and driving range
- Excursions to see dolphins, spice plantations, and Jozani forest can be arranged