An elysian island escape awaits guests at Essque Zalu on the quiet northern sector of Zanzibar. An effortless blend of 5-star luxury and elements of afro-chic and diversions coupled with privacy and relaxation make this the quintessential tropical getaway.
Use an Essque Zalu personal navigator or delight in exploring on your own. You can be walking the streets of the culturally diverse and historically rich Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in under an hour or visiting Nungwi village, famed for its traditional dhows and picturesque beaches, in 5 minutes. For a quieter getaway indulge in a spa treatment, a walk on the expansive beach or a traditional dhow cruise at sunset with a cocktail.
Essque Zalu offers 40 Suites decorated and built in the traditional style and topped off with a Makuti roof. Suites are divided into Ocean Front, Sea-view or Garden View accommodation and all feature a spacious bedroom, lounge and outside terrace or balcony. More space and privacy are available in nine 3-to-4 bedroom Villas offering a living room, private massage area, kitchen and terrace overlooking the garden and private pool, with two offering superb beach views.
- Island paradise on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world
- Fabulous restaurant at the end of a pier perched on stilts, overlooking the Indian Ocean
- An array of cultural, water and land-based diversion are available to visitors
- PADI Five-star diving centre, jet-skiing and parasailing on offer
- Personal navigator available to guide day-to-day activities