Picture this: you’re one of only 20 guests on a private island in the Indian Ocean. The island is postcard-perfect with turquoise waters, white sand, and palm trees as far as the eye can see. &Beyond’s Mnemba Island Lodge is the place where this deserted-island dream becomes a reality.
Lying just off the northeast coast of Zanzibar, Mnemba Island’s waters are rich in coral reefs that can easily be reached by boat – making this island one of the best diving destinations in the world. Sign up for a diving class at the island’s PADI school or simply spend your day snorkelling, swimming, fly-fishing, or sunbathing.
Accommodation consists of 10 Beachside Bandas overlooking a coral atoll. Each thatched suite sleeps only two people and comes with a private veranda, en suite bathroom, and complimentary internet. Indulgent mezze platters are served in the thatched dining and bar area, while private beach dinners can be arranged if you’re in the mood for romance. Plus, the food doesn’t disappoint: baskets of fresh fruit, fish, lobster, crab, and prawn are sailed into Mnemba on traditional ngalawa outriggers every day.
- A private island off the coast of Zanzibar, sleeping a maximum of 20 guests
- One of the world’s best diving sites, with magnificent coral reefs easily accessible by boat
- A PADI dive school offering top-notch diving lessons
- Private beach dinners can be arranged on request
- Children of all ages are welcome and the island is family-friendly