As soon as your plane lands on Zanzibar soil, or your boat pulls into the crystalline harbour, throw off your shoes and take full advantage of the barefoot luxury that is Fundu Lagoon Resort. Fundu’s private beach is accessed only by boat and delivers the ideal post-safari escape on Pemba Island’s south-western coast.
Away from the crowds, this area is one of the top 5 diving destinations in the world, and in 2015 Fundu was voted Best Marine Safari Experience in Africa. This tropical haven blends water sports and activities with relaxing Fusion Spa treatments in natural archipelago beauty. Before admiring a fiery sunset from a dhow cruise, try to fit in an exploration of Misali Island and the Ngezi Forest.
Sandy walkways connect 18 Makuti thatched tented rooms and suites to the main lodge buildings, while still being secluded and private in either a hillside setting or on the beachfront. Whether you are lingering by the infinity pool or sampling gourmet food and drink at the 3 bars and superb restaurant, the soft sea breeze and all-encompassing splendour is sure to restore vitality and refuel the soul.
- On a private beach on Pemba Island— voted Best Marine Safari Experience in Africa
- One of the top 5 diving destinations in the world
- 18 Makuti thatched tented rooms and suites on the hillside or beachfront
- Range of water sports and activities, Fusion Spa, and day trips
- Infinity pool, gourmet food and drink at 3 bars and an excellent restaurant