Chem Chem Safari Lodge has sole access to a 4,000ha conservation area within a larger 20 000ha wildlife concession forming a migratory corridor between the Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara, ensuring privacy and abundant wildlife. The vintage-inspired lodge and its secluded location will transport visitors to a time when animals roamed the African plains undisturbed.
Take in the landscape and its wildlife from above in a hot air balloon or helicopter, or track animals on foot and run (or walk) with the Maasai. Admire rose-coloured flamingos scattered across Lake Manyara’s shores while sipping a sundowner, or picnic in the shade of ancient baobabs. Embark on cultural tours in nearby villages or unwind with a holistic spa treatment and candlelit dinner, alone or with fellow patrons. The choice is yours.
Chem Chem’s 8 Tented Safari Suites are spacious and well-spaced ensuring maximum privacy with your lake view. One Family Suite is available with an additional room, bathroom and dressing room that can accommodate up to four children or two adults. This is the perfect destination for visitors wanting to step back in time or as a stopover before the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater.
- Action packed game viewing in the Tarangire National Park and exclusive access to the migratory corridor linking the park and Lake Manyara
- Witness the flamingo migration at Lake Manyara
- Generously spaced and private suites with views of the plains and lake
- Walking, running and village tours with the local Maasai
- Game viewing opportunities from a hot air balloon and helicopter