Resting on the green slopes of a tree-dotted ridge, Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge has panoramic views of the Serengeti National Park below and direct access to the revered Western Corridor and Grumeti River—playground of the Great Migration and the park’s permanent inhabitants. With accommodation found in thatched, traditional rondavels, whose walls are adorned with Makonde carvings, guests are sure to enjoy an authentic experience.
The Serengeti and neighbouring Maasai Mara have long been the landscape on which ‘the greatest wildlife show on earth’ plays out. But even when the Great Migration’s participants are not rumbling across the Serengeti plains, this remains a hotspot for game-viewing and is home to the Big 5 year-round. Neighbouring Olduvai Gorge—lauded as the birthplace of mankind—can also be visited while in the area.
When not relaxing in the comfort of your rondavel, guests can enjoy meals in the dining room, dips in the vanishing horizon pool overlooking the park’s plains, and daily game drives across the reserve. Embark on a dawn balloon safari followed by a bush breakfast, or enjoy dinner al fresco while entertained by local dancers.
- Ideally located next to the Serengeti’s Western Corridor and Grumeti River
- Enjoy daily game drives, cultural dances, bush breakfasts and dinners, or daytrips to Olduvai Gorge
- On-site amenities include a swimming pool, gift shop, business centre, Wi-Fi and TV room
- Wildlife talks are on offer every evening
- Airstrip located adjacent to the lodge for easy access