Ngorongoro Farm House is set on a 500-acre coffee farm, offering fantastic views of Oldeani Volcano best seen from the coffee plantations. This exclusive lodge is the perfect place to stopover and explore the lakes and volcanos of the area while exploring Tanzania’s Northern Circuit.
The lodge is equal distance from Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara, and only 4km from the entrance to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Spend a day game driving in Lake Manyara, and a second in the Ngorongoro Crater. A Maasai guide leads walks around the farm to introduce guests to the uses of plants, the vegetable garden, and the operation of the farm. Take the opportunity to visit the Hazabe and Datoga tribes in the Lake Eyasi region.
The farm house offers 49 Standard Rooms and 3 Suite Rooms, decorated with local materials. Each suite has a private verandah, and all rooms have en-suite bathrooms. Near the swimming pool and manicured lawns, an expansive thatched structure with bar and dining room makes up the main lodge, where many meals are served in the open air.
- In Tanzania’s Karatu area, an equal distance from Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara
- Set on a 500-acre coffee farm with rolling lawns and vegetable garden
- 49 standard rooms, and 3 suite rooms
- Excursions and game drives to Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater, Maasai walks around the farm, visit to local tribes
- Swimming pool and open-air dining room