Ever wanted to follow the annual migration of wildebeest and other wildlife from the Ngorongoro Conservation Area to the Serengeti National Park? The Nasikia Mobile Camp offers adventurous guests the opportunity to witness this spectacle in all its glory from its two remarkable locations. The mobile camp moves between the two throughout the year, following the Great Migration.
Watch as wildebeest graze on the open Serengeti plains at the Small Marsh campsite between December and March, or see them take their chances passing floats of hungry crocodiles on the Bologonja and Mara rivers between July and October. At the Small Marsh campsite, lucky guests may even have the opportunity to witness the miracle of life during the calving season.
The arrangement of tents in the mobile camp changes according to the requirements of the location and other factors determined by responsible tourism. The camp is made up of 8-12 solar-powered Tents, protected by heavy-duty canvas and boasting en suite bathrooms. The camp has a special Dining Tent where guests congregate at mealtimes, and a Lounge Tent which features a library.
- 8-12 Tents remain mobile throughout the year following the Great Migration
- Guests may have the opportunity to experience calving season at the Small Marsh campsite
- One location is in proximity to the site where herds of animals brave the rivers and its crocodiles
- Solar-powered tents have en suite bathrooms and are made of heavy-duty canvas
- Camp features a Dining Tent and Lounge Tent