Situated in an area of the Serengeti avoided by locals due to its prolific and wild residents, the Mapito Tented Camp manages to provide luxurious accommodation and allows guests to get as close to nature as possible. This pristine ecosystem is lauded as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa.
The camp’s position in the grasslands just outside Serengeti National Park’s Ikoma gate puts it in an important corridor of land where the Great Migration’s wildebeest and zebra pass through. Spectacular game drives to different locations around the Serengeti are made possible by the camp’s prime location while lion and hyena are often spotted around camp.
With its design somewhat reminiscent of the safari camps of the early 20th century, Mapito’s 13 en-suite Tents offer hot and cold running water and a private verandah kitted out with tables and comfortable chairs. The Tents accommodate up to 4 people and are fully netted to keep mosquitos and other insects out. Mapito’s restaurant is renowned for its freshly-baked bread and soup on offer daily.
- The camp provides luxury and comfort while having a low impact on the environment
- An area known for its abundance of wildlife
- Prime location for those wanting to see the Great Migration and explore the Serengeti National Park
- An aesthetic reminiscent of a colonial hunter’s camp enhances the safari experience
- Fresh bread and soup is on offer daily