Sitting sentinel over the lake after which it is named; Lake Masek Tented Camp occupies a serene space just south of the Serengeti National Park and in the north-western section of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. This magnificent location bears witness to the Great Migration.
All year round, guests will be fortunate to see Big 5 game roaming the area. Observe these magnificent creatures and the spectacle of the migration from a hot-air balloon safari. Back on the ground, 4x4 vehicles offer fantastic game drives in the area. Walk around the lake and pick a spot for a bush breakfast or a sundowner. Visit Laetoli Archaeological site, where footprints of two Australopithecus afarensis were discovered by Mary Leakey in 1974-1975.
The camp is eco-friendly with solar panels, water collected during in rainy season, and biodegradable products. 20 Luxury Tents with en-suite facilities boast either king-size, twin, or triple beds, which are raised on stilts. Each tent also has a veranda from which to spot wildlife refuelling at Lake Masek. More game-viewing can be enjoyed from the main thatched lodge.
- Located south of the border of the southern Serengeti National Park and in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Front row seat to the Wildebeest Migration of the Serengeti
- 20 Luxury Tents with en-suite facilities are raised on stilts, with a game-viewing veranda
- Spot Big 5 game from hot-air balloons, 4x4 vehicles, bush walks
- Bush breakfasts and sundowners, and main dining area on deck