Ernest Hemingway once called Lake Manyara ‘the loveliest lake in Africa’ and it’s not difficult to see why: this is a world where dazzling flocks of birdlife and herds of animals are framed by the sweeping plains of the surrounding Rift Valley. Manyara Wildlife Safari Camp is just 10 minutes outside Lake Manyara National Park, a stone’s throw away from the action while still granting spectacular views over this ancient land.
The camp is equipped to satisfy those seeking action or in need of relaxation. An in-house spa provides a tranquil escape while game drives and bicycle hire are guaranteed to get the blood pumping. A large infinity pool is set on the terrace beyond the dining room and lounge, allowing you to keep an eye on your book as well as the all-encompassing views of the flood plains.
Choose from 9 Safari Tents or 16 Safari Cottages, scattered around the camp. Safari Tents have thatched roofs and natural fittings, complete with en suite bathrooms. Safari Cottages have the added bonus of a rain shower. Most importantly, all rooms have private patios, allowing you to witness spectacular sunsets.
- Offers some of the most spectacular views of the Rift Valley and Lake Manyara
- Opportunity to go on game drives and hire bikes
- All rooms have private patios with comfy furniture and views over the flood plains
- Dinners are enjoyed with authentic Tanzanian singing, dancing, and acrobatics
- Standing fans and mosquito netting in the rooms keep off the mosquitos