Midway between Lake Manyara and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area you’ll find the quaint country town of Karatu. On the outskirts of this town, in 2 hectares of lush gardens filled with bougainvillea and tropical plants, lies Country Lodge Karatu.
Enjoy a day trip to or descend the Great Escarpment to visit Lake Manyara National Park or Tarangire National Park. Lake Eyasi is a short drive away and home to one of the two last remaining Bushman tribes of Africa. You also have the option of shopping in the village, taking a cultural tour, visiting nearby waterfalls, or touring a coffee plantation.
Aiming to provide comfortable and affordable accommodation in the heart of Tanzania’s rich and scenic highlands, this lodge is the perfect pre-fix to your safari. 11 Double Cottages with a total of 22 Rooms make up the accommodation. All rooms have uniquely designed en suite bathrooms with stone showers, king or twin beds, mosquito nets, fireplaces, and a verandah. The main building houses a bar, dining room, and lounge with fireplace. Dining at Country Lodge Karatu is also a delight!
- Set in 2 hectares of lush gardens with verdant lawns and colourful tropical flowers
- Affordable accommodation with everything you need - and excellent dining to boot
- Fireplaces in rooms are perfect for the cooler months
- Views from private verandahs and public areas will keep you enthralled
- Number of well-known sites to see in the surrounding area