Tall evergreen trees provide shade for the Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp which stands before an oxbow lagoon of the Grumeti River – famed for housing one of the most renowned fording points of the Great Migration. Standing in the remote Western Corridor of the Serengeti National Park, Grumeti offers rustic yet sophisticated living in one of the most secluded parts of this famous African reserve.
Wake to the sights and sounds of hippo wallowing in the tranquil waters of the lagoon right on your doorstep. The camp is perfectly positioned to witness the intense spectacle of the most exciting part of the Great Migration when massive herds of wildebeest, gazelle, and zebra scramble across the Grumeti River where fierce Nile crocodiles lie in wait. Beyond the Migration, exceptional resident game, including the Big 5, can be observed year-round.
The 10 spacious yet intimate Safari Tents all have sliding doors which open on to large viewing decks overlooking the hippo-laden lagoon. Meals are relished either in a traditional boma under the stars or on the extensive deck which looks out on to the river.
- Located on the rim of an oxbow lagoon of the Grumeti River – home to one of the most fording points of the Great Migration
- Offers seclusion in a remote location of the Serengeti National Park
- Only camp in the Serengeti that overlooks a lagoon brimming with hippos
- Year-round destination with exceptional resident game including the Big 5
- Spacious yet intimate Safari Tents with decks overlooking the lagoon