The Retreat Selous claims one of the most remote and untouched corners of Tanzania’s wilderness with its outpost in the Selous Game Reserve. It is a safari camp like no other, where wildlife encounters in this game-rich reserve are the primary focus along with complete and utter relaxation.
The camp was envisioned as a place for travellers to recharge mind, body, and soul; and a combination of Feng Shui, the Ruaha River, and a design focused on the Five Elements creates a holistic, peaceful ambience. Central to the holistic approach is the open-air Spa on the Ruaha River. Other activities featured at The Retreat are 4x4 safari drives, bush walks, boat safaris on the river, fly camping, and line fishing.
The main building has a fort design and infinity pool, decorated with an Arab, Indian, North African and European blend of fine silk fabrics and beautifully carved wooden doors and tables. The Retreat offers four different styles of accommodation in 12 lavish Tented Suites, each with its own private outdoor deck with antique copper, brass, or silver bathtub.
- Set on the banks of Ruaha River in Selous Game Reserve
- Focus on relaxation and spiritual wellbeing with an open-air Spa on the Ruaha River
- Four different styles of accommodation in 12 lavish Tented Suites
- 4x4 safari drives, bush walks, boat safaris on the river, fly camping, and line fishing
- Décor focused on Feng Shui and the Five Elements