Located in one of the largest game reserves in Africa and with a 4-5hr driving-distance between you and other lodges, privacy and a personalised safari experience is a given with Azura Selous. With airy villas overlooking the rapids of the Great Ruaha River and impressively high population numbers of elephant, hippo, and wild dog, to name a few, this escape epitomises the Tanzanian safari.
Spanning across an eye-popping 54,600km², Selous Game Reserve has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1982 due to the diversity of wildlife residing in the reserve and its seemingly endless expanses of undisturbed nature. Selous is also one of the largest faunal reserves on the globe, unsurprising due to its varied landscape of grassland, acacia savannah, wetlands, and miombo woodlands.
Azura Selous’s 12 air-conditioned Tented Villas are connected to stone bathrooms and lead onto undercover decks boasting sun loungers and private plunge pools. The main lodge’s defining feature is a towering tree whose trunk is encompassed by the outdoor deck space that also features a glistening infinity pool. Activities range from game drives and walking safaris to fishing and spa treatments.
- Selous Game Reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its varied terrain and inhabitants
- Off the beaten track, 4hr-drive from the nearest lodge
- The 90m² Tented Villas boast private decks and plunge pools
- Camp can be hired out for exclusive-use and can accommodate 24 people
- The reserve has impressive population numbers of elephant, hippo, wild dog, buffalo, and crocodile