Jongomero is the only safari camp in the remote south-western corner of Ruaha National Park in Tanzania. Here you will find unmatched privacy and exclusive safari accommodation right in the heart of the pristine African wilderness.
Ruaha National Park covers an area of about 13,000 square kilometres between the Great Ruaha and Njombe Rivers, making it a meeting place for mammal species of East and Southern Africa. Experience thrilling game drives and excellent birding in diverse habitats where large populations of elephant, buffalo, and plains game roam. Game walks and walking safaris are on offer here.
Jongomero’s 8 Safari Tents are raised on wooden platforms and feature large private decks overlooking the seasonal Jongomero River. Each tented suite features a thatched roof, dhow-wood Emperor bed and an en suite bathroom with twin hand basins and spacious shower. Jongomero’s guest areas are soaring thatched structures furnished in neutral tones and boast stunning views of the African wilderness. The spacious sitting, dining, and bar areas are shaded by ancient riverine trees. Guests can enjoy delicious Pan-African cuisine served in the dining area or on the riverbank while viewing birds and game.
- Remote location, in an unadulterated wilderness far from the madding crowd
- On the banks of a seasonal river
- Only 8 Safari Tents affording exclusivity
- In the largest National Park in Tanzania
- More than 560 species of birds, making it one of the continent’s premier birding destinations
- Game drives, game walks, and walking safaris on offer